What Is the Cosmetics Industry?
Known as the "beautiful economy", the Chinese cosmetics industry has achieved unprecedented success after more than 20 years of rapid development. China's cosmetics market is the world's largest emerging market. In just 20 years, the Chinese cosmetics industry has grown from small to large, from weak to strong, from simple and extensive to technologically advanced and group-based operations. Large-scale, vigorous industrial force. Cosmetics companies have sprung up, more and more cosmetic brands have emerged, and market competition has intensified. A number of outstanding national cosmetics brands such as Meijiajing, Liushen, Dabao, Yumeijing, Shu Lei, Opal, and Longliqi have also emerged in China.
- China known as "beautiful economy"
- The rapid development of China's cosmetics industry has become a new consumer hot spot. As China has lifted restrictions on imported cosmetics, international cosmetics giants are accelerating the expansion of the Chinese market, and local brands are experiencing huge impact from the outside. In China's beauty and cosmetics market, foreign capital or joint ventures account for nearly 80% of the market, while domestic cosmetics production can only meet the needs of Chinese consumers through the introduction of low-end products through Chinese-foreign joint ventures. This is really a worrying reality. Chinese local enterprises should formulate an overall development strategy so that they can calmly meet the challenges and maintain their competitiveness.
- On July 1, 2007, China implemented the "Cosmetic Hygiene Standard (2007 Edition)". The promulgation of the new "Cosmetic Hygiene Regulations" shows that the country's regulatory regulations on cosmetics are becoming more and more perfect, especially the stricter management of raw materials. For example, the new regulations require cosmetics to pay more attention to purity when selecting and using chemical raw materials. For chemical companies that are suppliers of raw materials, the increase in prohibited chemical raw materials will affect their production to varying degrees. It can be expected that some chemical products will lose their traditional markets as a result. For the entire fine chemical industry, it is an inevitable trend to develop new efficient and environmentally friendly products.
- Cosmetics is both an industry and a culture. In today's financial environment, cosmetics is a rising product in the market. It cannot be shaken. To borrow a Jewish saying: The business of women and children is the best business opportunity, and cosmetics contain that. Today, the focus of cosmetic brand competition is on the product culture, corporate image, and product quality of cosmetics. Only by grasping the opportunities of the future cosmetics market, it is a matter of time to become a Fortune 500 company among the cosmetics companies that dominate the country.
- By analyzing the circulation format of China's cosmetics industry, it can be seen that small companies' products lack backward integration capabilities and can only rely on price advantages to sell in wholesale markets or small commodity markets. The small commodity wholesale market is currently not highly credible, and branded products are rarely sold in the small commodity wholesale market.
- Cosmetics is both an industry and a culture. Product culture and corporate image are the focal points of cosmetic brand competition. The future cosmetics market will have many opportunities and broad prospects.