What Are the Different Marine Biology Careers?
Wang Yan, professor. He graduated from Ocean University of China (formerly Qingdao Ocean University) with a Bachelor of Science degree in marine biology in 1988; in June 2002 he obtained a master's degree in marine biology from Ocean University of China. Since July 1988, he has been teaching in the Department of Aquaculture, College of Oceanology, Hainan University.
(Professor of Marine Biology, Hainan University)
- Wang Yan, professor. He graduated from Ocean University of China (formerly Qingdao Ocean University) with a Bachelor of Science degree in marine biology in 1988; in June 2002 he obtained a master's degree in marine biology from Ocean University of China. Since July 1988, he has been teaching in the Department of Aquaculture, College of Oceanology, Hainan University. From October 2007 to October 2008, he was a visiting scholar at the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory at the State University of New Jersey (Rutgers) in the United States. He is engaged in genetics and molecular marker-assisted breeding of marine shellfish populations. In May 2010, he was employed as a visiting researcher at the Key Laboratory of Aquatic Technology Development of the Ministry of Agriculture of China. Since 2006, he has been bringing graduate students.
- His research interests are population genetics of marine organisms (marine shellfish and reef-building corals), development of molecular markers and assisted breeding.
Wang Yan chaired the National Natural Science Foundation of China:
- Study on the genetic structure and connectivity of Xisha-Central Hainan Island clustered helmeted corals and Chenghuangbin corals [ Grant No. 41376174, 2014.1-2017.12 ];
- Screening of SNP and EST-SSR markers associated with growth traits of Mother of Pearl Marsh and analysis of its genetic effects [Approval No. 31060354, 2011.1-2013.12]
- Experimental Biology Study on the Relationship between Reproductive Isolation and Genetic Diversity of Pearly Fritillaria [Grant No. 40866003, 2009.01-2011.12]
Wang Yan chaired the Natural Science Foundation of Hainan Province:
- Comparative analysis of the genetic laws of Genomic-SSR and EST-SSR markers of P. martensii [Grant No. 80616, 2007.01-2008.12];
- Development and Application of Chenghuangbin Coral Microsatellite Marker [Grant No. 311024, 2012.01-2013.12]
Wang Yan 's research projects:
- Two items of the National High-Tech Research and Development Plan (863 Program): Genetic improvement technology of pearl oyster marsh [approval number: 2002AA603022, 2002.10-2005.10] and cultivation of high-quality, high-yield, stress-resistant varieties of pearl oyster and oyster [ approval number : 2006AA10A409, 2006.10-2010.10];
- Key projects of international cooperation of the Ministry of Science and Technology : molecular breeding technology and new breed selection of pearl marsh [No .: 2004DFA07200, 2004.1-2006.12];
- National Key Basic Research Development Program 973 project: Key genes of shellfish pearl formation and its network regulation mechanism [approval number: 2010CB126405, 2010.1-2014.8].
Wang Yan 's related papers and monographs:
- Dingjia Su, Li Cheng, Xiaoran Li, Xuefen Chen, Jintian Zhu, Yan Wang. 2015. Thirty-three microsatellite markers for the Asian moon scallop Amusium pleuronectes (Linnaeus, 1758). Conservation Genet Resour 7: 547549
- QiuY, LuH, ZhuJ, ChenX, WangA, WangY * . (2014) Characterization ofnovelEST -SSR markers and their correlations with growth and nacreous secretion traits in the pearl oyster Pincta damartensii (Dunker). Aquaculture, 420-421: S92-S97
- Li Q, Yu F, Luo B, Li Y, Zhu J, Wang Y * . (2014) Microsatellite markers development intheclam, Paphia amabilis (Philippi, 1847). Conservation Genet. Resour, 6: 245-246
- HuangX, YuF, ZhuJ, ChenX, WangY *. (2014) Characterization of novel microsatellite markers in the black-lipped pearl oyster, Pinctada margaritifera (Linnaeus, 1758). Conservation Genet. Resour, 6: 6364
- Chen, D., Wang, D., Zhu, J., Li, YC, Wu, X., Wang, Y. * 2013. Identification and characterization of microsatellite markers for scleractinian coral, Galaxeafascicularis , and its symbiotic zooxanthellae. Conservation Genetics Resource , 5: 741743
- Shi Y, YuC, Gu Z, Zhan X, Wang Y, Wang A, 2013. Characterization of the Pearl Oyster Pinctada martensii Mantle Transcriptome Unravels Biomineralization Genes. Marine Biotechnology, 15: 175-187
- Qiu Y, Huang X, Lu H, Shi Y, Wang A, Wang Y. * 2012. Development of EST-derived microsatellite markers in the pearl oyster Pinctada martensii (Dunker) for genetic resource monitoring. ConservationGenetics Resources, 5: 401-403 .
- Wang Y * , Wang F, Shi YH, Gu Z, Wang A., 2011. Development and characterization of 60 microsatellite markers in the abalone Haliotis dlersicolor (Reeve, 1846). Genetics and Molecular Research, 10: 860-866,
- Wang Y * , H. Lu, J. Zheng, K. Long, YH Shi, ZF Gu and AM Wang. 2011. Eight polymorphic microsatellite markers for the spotted babylon, Babylonia areolata (Buccinidae). Genetics and Molecular Research, 10: 3230 -3235
- WangAM, Wang Y , Gu ZF, Li SF, Shi YH, Guo XM. 2011. Development of Expressed Sequence Tags from the pearl oyster, Pinctada martensii Dunker. Marine Biotechnology, 13: 275-283
- Wang Y , Wang X, Wang A, Guo X, 2010. A16-microsatellite multiplex assay for parentage assignment in the easternoyster ( Crassostrea virginica Gmelin). Aquaculture 308, S28-S33
- Wang Y , Wang A, Guo X. 2010. Development and Characterization of Polymorphic Microsatellite Markers for the Northern Quahog Mercenaria mercenaria (Linnaeus, 1758). Journal of Shellfish Research, 29 (1): 77-82,
- Shi Y, GuoX, Gu Z, Wang A, Wang Y. 2010. Preliminary genetic linkage map of the abalone Haliotis dlersicolor Reeve. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology 28, 549-557
- Wang Y , Liu N, Shi Y, Gu Z, Wang A. 2009. Development and characterization of sixteennew microsatellite markers for the white-lipped pearl oyster, Pinctada maxima (Jameson, 1901). Molecular Ecology Resource, 2009, 9 (11) : 1460-1466.
- Wang, Y , Wang, A., Guo, X. 2009. Development and characterization of 30 polymorphic microsatellite markers for the Atlantic surfclam, Spisula solidissima (Dillwyn, 1817). Molecular Ecology Resource 9,1264-1267.
- Shi, YH., Wang, Y , Hong, K., Hou, ZH., Wang, AM., Guo, XM. 2009. Characterization of 31 EST-derivedmicrosatellite markers for the pearl oyster Pinctada martensii (Dunker). Molecular Ecology Resources , 9: 177--179.
- S hi, YH, Hong K, Guo, XM, Gu, ZF, Wang, Y. , Wang, AM . 2009. Genentic linkage map of pearl oyster Pinctada martensii Dunker. Aquaculture Research . 41: 35-44.
- Monographs :
- Wang Aimin, Shi Yaohua, Wang Yan , Gu Zhifeng, New Technology in Biology and Breeding of Mother of Pearl Mussel, China Agricultural Science and Technology Press. 430,000 words, 2010
- The content of Baidu Encyclopedia is edited by netizens. If you find your entry is inaccurate or incomplete, you are welcome to use my entry editing service (free of charge) to participate in the correction. Go Now >>