What Does an Emergency Physician Do?
Emergency doctors now refer specifically to emergency specialists. The Chinese Professional Association of Emergency Physicians is managed by the World Association of Emergency Medicine and the Chinese Emergency Medicine Association. It is usually in the emergency medical department (room) or emergency medical center and the emergency ward including the intensive care unit (ICU). Engaged in emergency, emergency and critical care monitoring and treatment. Emergency medicine is a new discipline developed with the industrialization and urbanization of modern society.
- Emergency doctors are now specifically referring to emergency specialists. China's Professional Association of Emergency Physicians is managed by the World Association of Emergency Medicine and the Chinese Emergency Medicine Association. They are usually included in the emergency medicine department
- Concentrated a large number of medical modern high-tech technology, has been more and more medical colleagues and professionals
- In 2015, many large and medium-sized general hospitals and some specialized hospitals have set up emergency departments or emergency rooms, and are equipped with medical staff such as doctors and nurses. The emergency medical department (room) or emergency medical center is the department with the most concentrated, most diseased, and most rescue and management tasks in the hospital. It is the only way for all emergency patients to be admitted to the hospital for treatment. The emergency department in the 1990s highlighted the characteristics of the department and integrated the advantages of intensive care, so it occupied an important position in the modern emergency medical system. In the 21st century, the modern emergency medicine department has developed into a large-scale emergency medical technology center and emergency medical scientific research center that integrates emergency, emergency and intensive care. It can implement one-stop emergency medical services without transit for critical, critical and severe patients. Emergency medicine is known as a symbol of modern medicine, and emergency doctors are known as the guardians of human life and health. According to the 1986 "Chinese Health Yearbook" (English version), 11,497 hospitals at or above the county level have set up emergency departments or emergency rooms with qualified medical staff. The equipment and equipment have been updated, and they are developing towards specialization, serialization and standardization. In 2015, many hospitals set up emergency departments just to solve administrative problems. However, the development of emergency medicine is important for the training of professionals, the establishment of a sound emergency medical system and the improvement of the level of emergency medicine, and how to achieve it requires personnel engaged in this profession to conceive, practice and summarize. There is no ready-made model at present, and it is up to you to explore, design and build on your own. The advanced international experience can be used for reference and reference. It is necessary to combine the actual situation in China to create an emergency specialty suitable for our society.
- Like all professional disciplines in the medical field, clinical experience and lessons require professionals to analyze and summarize. This is one of the necessary conditions for the development and improvement of each discipline. The same is true of emergency medicine, the difference is that at the beginning of its establishment, there was a shortage of emergency doctors. But its development is fast. Because it belongs to a new component of medical science, with the development of medical science, emergency medicine will inevitably develop rapidly. In addition, it is a discipline that deals with acute and critical illnesses, and it is necessary to study how to rescue emergency cases more quickly, more effectively, and in a more organized manner, and to deal with the problems encountered in "disaster medicine". Society needs it and people need it. it.
- From the perspective of treating an emergency patient, if he neglected or did not pay enough attention to the initial treatment of the disease, and he was promptly and safely sent to the emergency room of the hospital, but was not properly handled in the emergency room until his condition developed to a critical stage, Only then began to invest a lot of manpower and use various advanced equipment to treat, even if he saved his life, this can not be considered the main purpose of modern emergency medicine. Appropriate diagnosis and treatment should be given from the beginning of the patient's illness or injury, and he should be safely transferred to the hospital, and immediately receive effective initial diagnosis and treatment by the emergency room physician, and then arrange their outcome according to the condition. After receiving treatment, most of them can go home to continue taking medicine, take a rest, and a few critically ill patients can be appropriately treated or operated before being transferred to the intensive care unit (ICU) or the coronary care unit , CCU), or specialist ward. This is a relatively reasonable organization system for treating acute and injured patients. It is also a new emergency medical system that many countries in the world are working hard to establish, called the "emergency medical service system" (EMSS). Although no city in China has successfully established a complete EMSS, it will not be too far away. Many cities are already working in this direction.