How do I Apply for Scholarships?
The hidden rules of scholarship, that is, the procedure for obtaining scholarships, is not open and transparent, and the students who should be rewarded are not fully rewarded in accordance with the original intention of excellent quality and academic excellence, but are issued in some opaque forms.
Scholarship hidden rules
- There are differences in schools across the country, or students successful scholarships are used to pay the class fees, or to the hardships of class officials. When a student at a university in Chongqing selected a scholarship, the college divided the scholarship into three, two bonuses and certificates, and the bonuses should be taken separately to alleviate the "insufficient supply" contradiction.
- Cheng Mingshi
- "The academy divided a 3,000 yuan scholarship into three: two 1,500 yuan and a certificate. I took the certificate and the other two students shared the 3,000 yuan."
- Zhou Xuan is
- The scholarship selection of the school is not based solely on the final exam scores, but a comprehensive evaluation method. The specific formula is: total student test scores = moral education test scores × 20% + sports test scores × 10% + academic test scores × 70% + additional points × 10%. The first two scores basically cannot open the gap, and academic performance depends on usual efforts, so the 10% bonus is divided into the battlefield where students secretly work hard.
- Additional rules in schools stipulate that "20 points for those who are in charge of the main work of the Student Union, the Student Science Association, or the class leader and the party secretary who can complete the task well"; "in public welfare activities, young volunteers, social practice Participate actively in various activities, and those with outstanding performance will add 5 points. " This made Shirayuki very opinionated. "'Fulfilling the task well' and 'Outstanding performance' are so imaginary. Which cadre can't get such a grandiose evaluation? Our overall score ranking is usually very tight at a few tenths. These two scores are immediately That s 2.5 points, more than a dozen spots ahead!
- Cheng Ming learned at a dinner two days ago that the buddies in the same dormitory were awarded the national inspirational scholarship. Cheng Ming was particularly surprised at the time, because the student had a shop and a private car in his home, and his personal stock account had tens of thousands. It seems that he is clearly a "rich second generation"!
- Cheng Ming is a senior in a university in Zhejiang. That night, he found the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Education on the Internet. The national inspirational scholarship was awarded to "excellent poor college students"! Cheng Ming calculates that they have 240 majors, and there are 24 national inspirational scholarship places each year, and a total of 72 in 3 years. But no matter how he counts, the whole profession can really be regarded as "excellent" and "poor" classmates, how can it not reach this number. "How many non-compliant students are awarded the prize every year? How did they do it?" Cheng Ming was full of doubts. "National scholarships can be so hydrated, not to mention all kinds of autonomously operated colleges. School-level scholarships! " Take the egalitarian awards and take them separately " The college divided a 3,000 yuan scholarship into three: two 1,500 yuan and a certificate, I took the certificate, and two other students shared the 3,000 yuan. "Liao Jie, a junior student at a university in Chongqing, still felt cried and laughed when he talked about his experience of awarding a scholarship. There are 200 majors in Liao Jie's specialty, and the total number of various scholarships is about 60. When the college operates some scholarships, it uses a "very talented" method of "separating awards and bonuses" to alleviate the contradiction of "insufficient supply." At that time, several monitors found Liao Jie and two other classmates, saying that all three of them met the requirements of this scholarship and it was difficult to make a choice. Let them negotiate for their own awards or bonuses. Liao Jie thinks that after receiving the certificate of merit, it can be written on the file and resume, which is more meaningful than the "something outside" of the bonus, and the two students chose a more "affordable" bonus. "This method is indeed very happy, but scholarship is not too serious, is it?" Chen Lanlan, a senior student at a key university in East China, recalls that when he was a sophomore, he participated in the scholarship evaluation for the first time, and still felt a little bizarre. Chen Lanlan's college has 1 national scholarship, 8 majors, and each major has 1 school first-class scholarship. According to the national scholarship, the first-class scholarship winners of the school are eligible to apply for the national scholarship. Chen Lanlan was the first-class scholarship winner of her school at that time, and encountered difficult problems when competing for national scholarships. "Eight of us met the requirements of the National Award for 'first-class scholarship', but we were only sophomores, and no one had outstanding performance in social practice, innovation ability, and comprehensive quality." The bonuses were separated. Eight people decided to draw lots. Whoever got the certificate of merit, the name was reported and announced publicly, and the remaining seven people shared the 8,000 yuan bonus equally. "Most people still want to get a certificate of merit. They all look at their character and feel lucky." Chen Lanlan was lucky and got the certificate of merit as expected. Unwritten regulations such as awards and bonus separation have long been "open secrets" in schools. After receiving the national scholarship, Chen Lanlan was informed by the college that she would be re-evaluated for the national scholarship the following year. Even if she was eligible, she could not apply again. "The reason in the academy is to allow more students to enjoy the opportunity to receive scholarships. I can fully understand that they are the same person every year, and no one is comfortable in the students. But if I meet the requirements, there is no one in the regulations. Why ca nt I get it twice? The scholarship is a labor fee for class cadres. We do nt even know what scholarships are, let alone others! Zhou Xuan is a senior student at a famous university in Tianjin. Recently I searched online and found that the college had established many celebrity-sponsored professional scholarships and corporate scholarships. "Achievements account for the top 30% of professional rankings" and "positive and positive attitude", these requirements of most scholarships Zhou Xuan also meet. "It's been three years, and I didn't even know about these awards, and no one ever told me how to apply. But my classmates have been rated, it's strange!" Zhou Xuan first found a counselor, and the counselor gave him a reply. Is: "These information school offices have public notices. If you are not in the heart, why do you still have to rely on the teacher's advice when you go to college?" Zhou Xuan, ashamed, banged her head to the classmates, and finally opened. "In addition to the first and second majors in the scholarship, those who are in the class and those who have a good relationship with the counselor. Under the same conditions, why did they give him, not me, because they did something for the college? The restrictions on these scholarships themselves are relaxed. It is clear that the hardships are paid to the class cadres. The awards are all set by the college. Even if I apply, they will definitely not be rated. " Student Bai Xue was also upset about the scholarship. Bai Xue's major has three classes in one grade, and the first place in each class is awarded the first-class scholarship. However, in the list of national scholarships just reported, Baixue's class scored "very sturdy" in the first place, and the next class ranked first. "It's not because he is the minister of the school's student union." Bai Xue felt that the first professional in the next class was not as good as her class. The reason for his selection was directly related to being a student cadre. It turned out that the school's scholarship selection was not based solely on the final exam scores, but used a comprehensive evaluation method. The specific formula is: the total student test score = moral education test score × 20% + sports test score × 10% + academic test Grade x 70% + additional points x 10%. The first two scores basically cannot open the gap, and academic performance depends on usual efforts, so the 10% bonus is divided into the battlefield where students secretly work hard. Additional rules in schools stipulate that "20 points for those who are in charge of the main work of the Student Union, the Student Science Association, or the class leader and the party secretary who can complete the task well"; "in public welfare activities, young volunteers, social practice Participate actively in various activities, and those with outstanding performance will add 5 points. " This made Shirayuki very opinionated. "'Fulfilling the task well' and 'Outstanding performance' are so imaginary. Which cadre can't get such a grandiose evaluation? Our overall score ranking is usually very tight at a few tenths. These two scores are immediately 2.5 points more, more than a dozen places ahead of time! "The scholarship was" paid "as the class fee . The class teacher publicly stated in the class meeting that 10% of the class fee must be paid after receiving the scholarship. Next time, I will be disqualified from scholarship evaluation. Who dares not pay? "Zhou Rong is a junior student at a well-known 211 engineering university. Recently, he often heard complaints from his sophomore brothers and sisters. Zhou Rong probably figured it out. His college, including national scholarships, Miyoshi student scholarships, and school-level scholarships, can get up to 31900 yuan a year for a class, at least 21,500 yuan, at 10% of the class fee, and at least there are 2000 dollars. "None of the regulations on school scholarships draws student scholarships for class fees." Zhou Rong believes that schools should establish a supervision mechanism for scholarships. Similarly, in the past few days, Lin Tianli, a senior student in a university in Zhejiang, just entered the school's second-class scholarship for 1,500 yuan, and the class leader came to the dormitory to collect 150 yuan "in accordance with the rules." "But where did the money donated to the school end up?" This was a question Lin Tianli had wanted to ask to the school since his sophomore year, but never raised it. "When I first got the scholarship, I knew this" rule ", and it felt strange, like" collecting protection fees. "Later, I knew that this was the school tradition. No one thought it was wrong. Why would I make a head bird? He thought, "Anyway, the number is not large. One thing is worse than one thing." A junior student from a university in Wuhan, Zhou Yun, was awarded the National Inspirational Scholarship and received 5,000 yuan. He was very happy. I did not expect that the counselor would later talk to her and told her that the credit was due to the help of the class collective. The other students in the class were also excellent. The award could not be held alone, and she was required to hand over 2,500 yuan. To other students. "I think I have experienced a society in advance." Zhou Yun's classmates lamented this.