What are the Different Types of Biting Insects?


Insect bites

Right!
Insect bites are mainly bites from mosquitoes, bees, or wasps, which can cause local skin itching or pain.
The most common insect bites in children are those from mosquitoes, bees or wasps. The child's local skin itch or pain after being bitten. However, some children, especially those with allergies, have severe reactions that can even endanger their lives. This reaction is called "anaphylactic shock".
The reactions caused by insect bites are:
1. Little red pimples appear.
2. Local itching.
3. In individual cases, stings (ie, smooth, protruding, red skin) or swollen skin appear.
Apply insect repellent to exposed areas of your child where insect activity is high to prevent insect bites. If bitten by an insect, symptoms can last for hours or days. Parents can use cold compresses or calamine lotion on the child's local wounds to reduce itching and prevent the child from scratching the skin to avoid secondary infections.
Symptoms after an insect sting are:
1. Local irritation and pain.
2. Redness and swelling.
Skin symptoms after being stung usually disappear within 48 hours. However, some children are allergic to toxins and have systemic allergic reactions such as "urticaria" or anaphylactic shock after being bitten by insects. At this time, they should call an ambulance or take the child to the emergency department of a nearby hospital for treatment. The appearance of anaphylactic shock is swelling of the face and mouth, difficulty breathing, wheezing, difficulty swallowing, and lethargy.

IN OTHER LANGUAGES

Did this article help you? Thanks for the feedback Thanks for the feedback

How can we help? How can we help?