What are the Dangers of Waterjet Cutting?
Water jet, which uses water as a knife, is called high-pressure water jet cutting technology. This technology originated in the United States. Used in aerospace military industry. It is favored because its cold cutting will not change the physical and chemical properties of the material. Later, the technology was continuously improved, and abrasives such as garnet and emery were mixed in high-pressure water to aid cutting, which greatly improved the cutting speed and thickness of the waterjet. Waterjet has been widely used in ceramics, stone, glass, metal, composite materials and many other industries. In China, the maximum pressure of waterjet has reached 420MPa. Some technologically advanced companies have perfected 3-axis and 4-axis waterjets, and 5-axis waterjets are also maturing.
- Compared with laser cutting
- Laser cutting equipment has a large investment. Most of it is used for cutting thin steel plates and some non-metallic materials. The cutting speed is fast and the precision is high. However, laser cutting will cause arc marks at the slit and cause thermal effects. Laser cutting is not ideal, such as aluminum, copper and other non-ferrous metals, alloys, especially the cutting of thicker metal plates, the cutting surface is not ideal, and even cannot be cut. People's research on high-power laser generators is trying to solve the cutting of thick steel plates, but the cost of equipment investment, maintenance and operation consumption is very large. Water cutting has low investment, low operating cost, wide range of cutting materials, high efficiency, and convenient operation and maintenance.
- Compared with plasma cutting
- Ultra-high-pressure water jet cleaning technology is a high-tech technology developed internationally in recent years. This technology mainly uses the kinetic energy of high-speed water jets to strip stubborn dirt on the surface. Drive a high-flow supercharger, pressurize the water to a pressure of 94000PSI (648Mpa), and spray it out through multiple gem nozzles arranged in a circle. The nozzles are driven by oil pressure or air pressure to rotate, forming multiple beams, multiple angles and strength Various ultra-high pressure rotating water jets. Ultra-high pressure cleaning of surfaces that need to be cleaned, scaling and attachments and blockages inside the equipment. This system generally uses a diesel unit as a power source and only needs to provide water to run. Therefore, it has strong maneuverability and can be easily realized on-board or made into an ultra-high pressure cleaning vehicle. No matter what scale deposits, ultra-high pressure water jet cleaning technology can solve these problems, completely remove the dirt, leaving a clean and smooth surface. It is much faster than manual cleaning, does not require chemicals, solvents or corrosives (and does not require costly safety measures), making it cleaner and more environmentally friendly. "Ultra-high-pressure water-jet cleaning equipment" and "Ultra-high-pressure water-jet cutting equipment" belong to the specific application of "Ultra-high-pressure water-jet technology", but the former has a larger flow rate and lower pressure.
Waterjet comparison with other methods
- Ultra-high pressure water jet cleaning is a physical cleaning method. Compared with other manual, mechanical, chemical, and biological cleaning methods, it has the following advantages:
- 1. The pressure and flow of the water jet can be easily adjusted, so it will not damage the substrate of the object to be cleaned;
- 2. Ultra-high pressure water jet will not cause secondary pollution. If there is no special requirement after cleaning, no cleaning treatment is required;
- 3. Wash objects with complex shapes and structures, and can perform cleaning operations in places with limited space or harsh environments;
- 4. Unlike chemical cleaning and biological cleaning, the ultra-high pressure water jet cleaning has no harmful substance discharge and environmental pollution problems;
- 5. Ultra-high pressure water jet cleaning is fast and thorough. For example, the cleanliness rate of the heat exchanger is above 95%, and the boiler descaling rate is above 95%;
- 6. Low cleaning cost, only about 1/3 of chemical cleaning, that is, ultra-high pressure water jet cleaning belongs to fine jet and belongs to energy saving equipment;
- 7. Ultra-high pressure water jet cleaning has no special requirements on equipment material, characteristics, shape, and type of dirt. It only requires that the water jet can reach  .