What is a Peristaltic Pump?
The peristaltic pump consists of three parts: driver, pump head and hose. The fluid is isolated in the pump tube, the pump tube can be quickly replaced, the fluid can be reversed, it can run dry, and the maintenance cost is low. These characteristics constitute the main competitive advantage of the peristaltic pump.
- The peristaltic pump consists of three parts:
- 1. No pollution: the fluid only contacts the pump tube and does not contact the pump body;
- 2. High accuracy: Repeatability and high stability accuracy;
- 3. Low shear force: It is an ideal tool for conveying shear-sensitive and aggressive fluids;
- 4. Good sealing: It has good self-priming ability, can be idled, and can prevent backflow;
- 5. Simple maintenance: no valves and seals;
- 6, with two-way equal flow capacity; no liquid will not cause damage to any parts of the pump; can produce up to 98% of vacuum; without valves, mechanical seals and packing seals, there is no leakage of these And maintenance factors; it can easily transport solid, liquid or gas-liquid mixed phase fluids, allowing the solids contained in the fluid to reach 40% of the inner diameter of the tubular element; it can transport a variety of materials with abrasive, corrosion, and oxygen-sensitive characteristics Food, etc .; only the hose is the part that needs to be replaced, the replacement operation is extremely simple; except for the hose, the delivered product does not contact any parts.
- 1. Pressure limitation: The use of flexible pipes will limit the pressure.
- 2.The pump will generate a pulse flow during operation,
- The solution is:
- Increasing the number of rollers will reduce the flow
- Using the pulse suppressor: The pulse suppressor is a simple positioning container. The working principle is that air is more compressible than liquid. The pulse flow enters the container and the air bag on the liquid sinks to absorb the pulse and then gently flows out of the pulse suppressor
- 3. The flow rate will decay over time and will decay. (Due to hose wear)
- The pump outlet pressure has certain limitations, generally does not exceed 0.3 MPa, and is usually between 0.1-0.2 MPa.
- Chemical industry; mining and metallurgy industry; paper industry; paint and coating industry; food industry; ceramic industry; petroleum industry; water treatment industry; pharmaceutical industry; medical equipment industry;
- Pharmaceutical industry applications: The application of peristaltic pumps in the pharmaceutical industry is mainly used for pharmaceutical coating granulation and pharmaceutical industry packaging. Spray drying granulator, also called drying granulator and fluidized bed granulator, is a machine used to spray special sugar coating on the surface of various granule instant materials and dry to form granules. These granulators themselves are specific heat sources for drying, which can serve the purpose of evaporating water, but the evaporation of water and the formation of particles are dynamic. Therefore, the amount of liquid and water that needs to be sprayed must be very accurate to ensure a certain humidity of the particles. Conducive to the perfect shape of the particles
- The use of peristaltic pumps is to obtain the required flow, so according to the operation and use of peristaltic pumps, it is divided into:
- The peristaltic pump system consists of three parts: a peristaltic pump driver, a peristaltic pump head, and a peristaltic pump tube.
Peristaltic pump selection tube
- Conditions as a peristaltic pump hose
- Has a certain elasticity, that is, the hose can quickly return to its shape after radial compression
- Has certain abrasion resistance
- Ability to withstand stress
- No leakage (good air tightness)
- Low adsorption, good temperature resistance, not easy to aging, non-swelling, corrosion resistance, low precipitates, etc.
Peristaltic pump selection pump head
- Choice of single or multi-channel fluid delivery
- Is it easy to replace the hose
- Is it easy to fix the hose
- The pressure pipe clearance is finely adjusted by ratchet or other methods to adapt to different wall thickness hoses or achieve fine adjustment of pressure
- Roller selection: 6 roller structure has slightly larger relative flow; 10 roller structure has smaller fluid pulsation amplitude
- Whether the trigger structure is smart and the card is easy to open
Peristaltic pump selection drive
- Whether flow control is required
- Do you need fluid distribution
- What is the size of the flow range
- Whether the overall structure is reasonable and the operation is convenient
- Whether the flow accuracy and liquid volume accuracy meet the requirements
- Special requirements: protection level, explosion-proof level, etc.
- External control requirements: equipment supporting, operation methods, such as RS232, RS485 communication, 0-5V external control speed regulation, pulse speed regulation, etc.
Routine maintenance of peristaltic pump
- In the daily use process, replace the hose as much as possible after prolonged use. This will not easily cause the silicone tube to rupture. The liquid will come out of the hose and flow into the roller of the pump head. Corrosive liquid will flow into the gap of the roller. The pump head is disassembled and cleaned to avoid solidification in the roller gap after weathering, which will cause the pump head to jam. The hose should be replaced in time according to the frequency of the specific pump during use, or the position is often moved. If the liquid is highly corrosive, please choose an imported hose of the appropriate material to avoid causing damage to the pump.