What Is an Automated Warehouse?
Automated warehouse refers to a system that can automatically store and retrieve materials without direct manual intervention. It is composed of multi-layer shelves, usually storing materials in standard bins or pallets, and then using a roadway stacking crane to access materials at any location, and using computers to realize automatic access to materials Control and management  .
- Automated warehouse refers to a system that can automatically store and retrieve materials without direct manual intervention. It is composed of multi-layer shelves, usually storing materials in standard bins or pallets, and then using a roadway stacking crane to access materials at any location, and using computers to realize automatic access to materials Control and management 
- Automated warehouses, also called automatic storage warehouses, refer to systems that can automatically store and retrieve materials without direct manual processing. They are widely used in machinery, home appliances, automobiles, food, tobacco and other industries.
- 1. Divided into the whole and separated according to the building form.
- 2. It is divided into unit rack type, mobile rack type and picking rack type according to the type of goods access.
- 3 According to the shelf structure, it is divided into unit shelf type, through type, horizontal circulation type and vertical circulation type warehouse.
- 4 According to the role played, it is divided into production warehouses and circulation warehouses.
- 5. According to the closeness of the connection between the automated warehouse and production, it is divided into independent, semi-closed and tight warehouses.
- 1. Automated warehouse can save labor and land. Because the automated warehouse uses advanced control methods such as computers and high-efficiency laneway stacking cranes, the production efficiency of the warehouse has been greatly improved. Often, a large warehouse requires only a few workers, saving a lot of labor. . At the same time, warehouse labor has been greatly reduced and working conditions have been improved. The high-level shelves of the automated warehouse can reasonably use the space, so that the quantity of goods stored per unit of land area can be increased. On the same land area, the storage capacity of building an automated warehouse is several times or even a dozen times higher than that of an ordinary warehouse. In this way, with the same storage capacity, the automated warehouse saves a lot of land.
- 2. Automatic warehouse loading and unloading operations are fast, accurate, and shorten the operation time. Modern commodity circulation requires fast and accurate. The automated warehouse uses advanced control methods and operating machinery to deliver goods at the fastest speed and the shortest distance, which greatly shortens the time for goods entering and leaving the warehouse. At the same time, the warehouse operation accuracy is high, and the warehouse can be coordinated organically with the supply unit and users, which is conducive to shortening
- Automated warehouses have the incomparable advantages of ordinary warehouses. However, certain conditions are required to establish and use an automated warehouse.
- Commodities must be frequent and balanced.
- Automated warehouses have the characteristics of rapid and accurate operations. Generally, it is more appropriate to use automated warehouses for goods that frequently enter and leave the warehouse. Otherwise, the above characteristics of automation cannot be fully reflected. Automated warehouses require balanced operations, and the frequency of entering and leaving the warehouse should not be high or low. Otherwise, the warehouse operation will be stopped for too long or loose and tight, which is not conducive to the automatic warehouse to play its due role. It should be noted that the factors that affect the frequency and equilibrium of warehouse operations are not in the warehouse itself, but mainly in the control of the inventory, supply and loan, and consumer departments. Therefore, you should be fully prepared when setting up and using an automated warehouse.
- To meet some special requirements of warehouse construction.
- The construction of automated warehouses has special requirements than the design and construction of ordinary warehouses, because the use of high-rise shelves and warehouse floors
- Amazon relies heavily on its warehouse robots to help workers and complete orders placed by users on time, but the efficiency of these machines is obviously not fast enough, so that they are not enough to replace humans. Amazon decided to host a robot competition in May 2015 to see who is better at making autonomous robots  .