What Is Coal Tar Epoxy?
The oily product produced by the gasification of coal in the furnace is brown and has a special odor. The contaminated coal dust and ash are more difficult to separate. Generator coal tar is a very valuable chemical raw material and power fuel, from which many very important products in the national economy can be extracted. For example, from coal tar, gasoline, kerosene, diesel, antiseptic oil, asphalt, etc. It is also possible to manufacture asphalt for road construction, rubber, dyes, carbon black for printing, etc. Therefore, the comprehensive utilization of coal tar is infinite. 
- Generator gas is produced in a special generator using coal as the raw material. The gasification process in the generator is diverse, mainly the thermochemistry of the interaction of carbon and oxygen with water vapor in the fuel. process. In the gas generator, on the one hand, the main gasification process is performed; on the other hand, the dry distillation and drying processes of coal are performed. Therefore, the boiler gas contains a large amount of water vapor, tar and solid particles brought out from the fuel, and the tar content reaches 20 to 509 / m 3 . The tar and tar residue produced by the generator pollutes the environment and is extremely harmful. It is of great significance to handle and use the tar and tar residue. 
- The low-temperature heavy kerosene produced by using bituminous coal as a fuel for the furnace is mainly alkane, and some cyclic hydrocarbons, heterocyclic hydrocarbons and other harmful and toxic substances. Its yield is 1% to 3% of gasification coal. Depending on the volatile content of the coal and the operating conditions of the furnace. Partial distillation of the coal tar in the generator can obtain some oil products and higher phenols, so it can be further processed to obtain fuel oil and phenol products. 
- a Use of tar to produce low temperature asphalt
- For efficient processing and utilization, low-temperature asphalt can be produced from coal tar. The process is to add raw coal tar to a reaction kettle and heat it to a certain temperature for dehydration. When the water content drops below 5%, homogenization is performed, and then the ingredients are added to the kettle and continuously stirred to fully react. After the reaction is completed, the material can be discharged and put into the oxidation plant for oxidation cooling to become the finished product.
- b Coal tar is processed into epoxy coal coke
- Epoxy coal tar is widely used in anticorrosion and waterproofing projects. Coal tar and epoxy resin are used as the main raw materials, and auxiliary materials such as curing agent and solvent are added to mix to form epoxy coal tar. According to the source of raw materials, the condensate of acetone and ethylenediamine is selected as the curing agent, and toluene is more suitable as the solvent. The prepared epoxy resin has good performance, raw materials are easily available, and the price is low.
- c tar making felt
- Using tar to make linoleum can turn harm into profit and waste into treasure. Its products are widely used in waterproof engineering and temporary shelters. However, it is understood that the quality of linoleum made of tar is poor, it is easy to stick in summer, and brittle in winter, so it has not been widely promoted so far.
- d Tar fuel liquid fuel
- Because the tar produced by the generator belongs to low-temperature tar, its composition is greatly affected by raw coal and operating conditions. There are many toluene insolubles and ash, which makes it difficult to use as a building material. Using low-temperature coal tar to produce liquid fuel is a reasonable comprehensive utilization plan. That is, the coal tar is distilled to separate the low-temperature volatiles, and then refined, emulsified, and mixed with water to make engine diesel for cars and tractors. The performance index of this oil can reach the standard of diesel oil. The residue of distillation can be determined according to the composition. If there are less ash and toluene insoluble matter, it can be used as construction asphalt. When the above substances are more, it can be returned to the gas generator for fuel. .
- e Preparation of scabies treatment
- Scabies is a skin disease that is transmitted by parasites. After having scabies, itches all over the body. In severe cases, it ulcerates and pus, causing pain and harm to patients. Sulfur, coal tar, etc. are used as raw materials and are mixed and formulated to have bactericidal, antipruritic and antiseptic effects, and have obvious curative effects on the treatment of skin diseases such as scabies. Coal tar is used as a solvent and therapeutic agent in this formulation.
- f Perchloroethylene-coal tar waterproof coating
- It is based on vinyl chloride resin and coal tar, dissolved in a mixed solvent of acetone and benzene, and added with a small amount of plasticizer, stabilizer and filler. During preparation, it needs to be heated to 30-40 ° C and stirred well, and a complete waterproof coating will be formed after cooling. This waterproof material has good water resistance, elastoplasticity, heat resistance and cold resistance, has good adhesion to concrete, and can be used together with concrete. 
- During the gasification of coal gasifier, coal must pass through the distillation stage. If coal with high volatility and high oil content is used, the coal gas contains tar mist. After smelting and washing, tar can be recovered, from which a variety of liquid fuels and chemical products can be refined. This is an important aspect of the further development of coal gasification and the comprehensive utilization of coal mining. At present, the methods for recovering tar from a gas generator can be divided into two categories: one is to add cooling and washing equipment after the existing gas generator, and smelt all the gas to recover the tar. The other is to retrofit the existing gas generator, add a dry distillation section to the upper part of the generator, and separate the dry distillation gas and the generator gas to form a "two-stage furnace".