What Is Powder Metallurgy?
Powder metallurgy is a process for preparing metal powders or using metal powders (or a mixture of metal powders and non-metal powders) as raw materials, forming and sintering, and manufacturing metal materials, composite materials, and various types of products. The powder metallurgy method is similar to the production of ceramics and belongs to the powder sintering technology. Therefore, a series of new powder metallurgy technologies can also be used for the preparation of ceramic materials. Due to the advantages of powder metallurgy technology, it has become the key to solve the problem of new materials and plays a pivotal role in the development of new materials.
- Powder metallurgy is an industrial technique for preparing metal powder or using metal powder (or a mixture of metal powder and non-metal powder) as a raw material, after forming and sintering, to obtain metal materials, composite materials and various types of products. At present, powder metallurgy technology has been widely used in transportation, machinery, electronics, aerospace, weapons, biology, new energy, information and nuclear industries, and has become one of the most dynamic branches of new materials science. Powder metallurgy technology has a series of advantages such as significant energy saving, material saving, excellent performance, high product accuracy and good stability, which is very suitable for mass production. In addition, some materials and complex parts that cannot be prepared by traditional casting methods and machining methods can also be manufactured by powder metallurgy technology, so they have attracted much attention from the industry.
- In the broad sense, the powder metallurgy industry includes iron tools, cemented carbide, magnetic materials, and powder metallurgy products. The powder metallurgy products industry in the narrow sense only refers to powder metallurgy products, including powder metallurgy parts (accounting for the vast majority), oil-containing bearings and metal injection molded products.
- Powder metallurgy has a unique chemical composition and machinery,
- (1) Production of powder. The production process of powder includes the steps of powder preparation and powder mixing. To improve the moldability of the powder and
- Advanced equipment for powder metallurgy research-Spark Plasma Sintering System (SPS)
- With the development of high-tech industries,
- Powder metallurgy related companies are mainly engaged in the production and research of parts and components for the automotive industry, equipment manufacturing industry, metal industry, aerospace, military industry, instruments and meters, hardware tools, electronic appliances, etc., production of related raw materials and auxiliary materials, and various types of powders. Manufacturing of preparation equipment and sintering equipment. Products include bearings, gears, carbide tools, molds, friction products, and more. In military enterprises, heavy weaponry such as armor-piercing shells, torpedoes, etc., and brake pairs such as aircraft tanks need to be produced using powder metallurgy technology. In recent years, powder metallurgy automotive parts have become the largest market for China's powder metallurgy industry. About 50% of automotive parts are powder metallurgy parts. 
- There are few domestic universities that study powder metallurgy. The Institute of Powder Metallurgy of Central South University (this institute recruits masters in China) is the most well-known powder metallurgy research institution in China. Huang Peiyun, the founder of China's powder metallurgy discipline, has been in the town for a long time. State Key Laboratory of Powder Metallurgy and National Engineering of Powder Metallurgy
- China's powder metallurgy industry has experienced rapid development for nearly 10 years, but there are still gaps in the following areas with the same industry abroad: (1) There are many enterprises, small scale, and economic benefits are very different from foreign enterprises. (2) Cross-products, prices are lowered by each other, and competition is extremely fierce. (3) Most companies lack technical support, backward research and development capabilities, and low product grades, making it difficult to compete with foreign countries. (4) Lack of reinvestment and distress. (5) The technological equipment and supporting facilities are backward. (6) The export of products is small and the trade channels are not smooth.
- With China's entry into the WTO, the above-mentioned deficiencies and weaknesses will be improved. This is because after entering the WTO, the market is gradually internationalized, and the powder metallurgy market will be further expanded. At the same time, with the entry of foreign funds and technologies, powder metallurgy And the related technical level will also be improved and developed.
- According to data from the " 2013-2017 China Powder Metallurgy Manufacturing Industry Production and Sales Demand Forecast and Analysis of Transformation and Upgrade Analysis ", the current total output value of China's powder metallurgy parts and oil-bearing bearings exceeds 5.5 billion yuan, which accounts for a small proportion of the global market and also has more room for development. broad. According to the statistics of 53 companies of the Powder Metallurgy Professional Association of the China Machinery Industry Association, in 2010 China's powder metallurgy parts industry realized main business income of 4.841 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 39.75%; the total profit was 376 million yuan, an increase of one year ago. Times. In terms of output value, the powder metallurgy parts industry achieved a total industrial output value of 5.057 billion yuan, of which the new product output value was 628 million yuan, and the new product ratio (new product output value / industrial output value) was 12.37%; the industrial sales output value was 4.973 billion yuan, of which export sales The value of goods was 628 million yuan, and the export rate (export delivery value / industrial sales output value) was 16.62%.
- From the perspective of production and sales scale, according to the statistics of 53 enterprises of the Powder Metallurgy Professional Association of the China Machinery Industry Association, in 2010, China's powder metallurgy parts industry achieved an output of 163,600 tons, an increase of 39.40% year-on-year; the sales volume was 161,700 tons, an increase of 43.15 years %.
- Through the continuous introduction of foreign advanced technology and independent development and innovation, China's powder metallurgy industry and technology have shown a rapid development trend. It is one of the fastest growing industries in the general parts and components industry of China's machinery. The annual output value of the national powder metallurgy industry Increasing at a rate of 35%.
- The global manufacturing industry is accelerating its transfer to China. The rapid development of the automotive industry, machinery manufacturing, metal industry, aerospace, instruments, hardware tools, construction machinery, electronic appliances and high-tech industries has brought rare powder metallurgy industry Development opportunities and huge market space. In addition, the powder metallurgy industry has been listed by China as a priority development and encourages foreign investment projects, and the development prospects are very broad.