What Are the Different Types of Antacid Medications?
Antacids are inorganic weak bases, which can directly neutralize gastric acid. Small doses of antacids can relieve pain, and large doses of antacids can promote ulcer healing.
Antacids and drugs for treating peptic ulcer
- This entry lacks an information bar . Supplementing related content makes the entry more complete and can be quickly upgraded. Hurry up!
- Antacids are inorganic weak bases, which can directly neutralize gastric acid. Small doses of antacids can relieve pain, and large doses of antacids can promote ulcer healing.
- Antacids can be divided into absorptive antacids (also known as systemic antacids, large doses can cause alkalosis) and refractory antacids (local antacids) according to the absorption process.
- Drugs for the treatment of peptic ulcer are classified according to their different modes of action:
- H2 receptor antagonist that inhibits gastric acid secretion: cimetidine
- Choline receptor antagonist: Pirenzepine
- Gastrin Antagonist: Proglumide
- H + -K + -ATPase inhibitor: omeprazole
- Neutralizing gastric antacid: aluminum hydroxide
- Anti-Gastric Acid: Sucralfate
- Protection of gastric mucosa: prostaglandin E, progesterone
- Ulcer Isolator: Colloidal Bismuth Preparation
- Antacids The compound antacids currently in use often contain strong, fast-acting sodium bicarbonate, bismuth, and magnesium salts.
- Drugs for the treatment of peptic ulcer mainly include drugs for reducing gastric acid, drugs for eradicating Helicobacter pylori infection, and drugs for enhancing gastric mucosa protection.
- Antacids are weakly alkaline drugs. The main pharmacological effect is that they can neutralize the hydrochloric acid in the stomach and weaken the activity of pepsin. After oral administration, it can quickly neutralize gastric acid, reduce the erosion and digestion of gastric acid and protease on the ulcer surface, have obvious pain relief effects, and also promote the healing of ulcers.
- Antacids can neutralize excess gastric acid to relieve gastric ulcers and duodenal ulcers.
- Antacids: After gastric acid is neutralized, pyloric tension can be reduced. Relieves pain caused by pyloric spasm. Some can also form a customary protective film on the ulcer surface, which is beneficial to the healing of the ulcer. Such as aluminum hydroxide, magnesium oxide.
- Drugs for the treatment of peptic ulcer: 1. Reduce the gastric acid concentration in the gastric juice and feed the pepsin activity, thereby feeding the role of "attack factor"; 2. Enhance the protective function of the gastrointestinal mucosa, repair or enhance the "defense factor" of the stomach.
- New Pharmacology