What Is Involved in Healing a Fracture?
The criteria for fracture healing include local no tenderness, no longitudinal throbbing pain; no local abnormal activity; X-ray photographs show that the fracture line is blurred, and continuous epiphyses pass through the fracture line, etc. The basis of fracture healing is the regeneration of periosteal osteoblasts.
- This entry lacks an overview map . Supplementing related content makes the entry more complete and can be upgraded quickly. Come on!
- Chinese name
- Fracture healing
- Foreign name
- Fracture healing
- The criteria for fracture healing include local no tenderness, no longitudinal throbbing pain; no local abnormal activity; X-ray photographs show that the fracture line is blurred, and continuous epiphyses pass through the fracture line, etc. The basis of fracture healing is the regeneration of periosteal osteoblasts.
- (I) Impact period
- From the moment of stress until the energy is eliminated, the time is short. The degree of bone and surrounding soft tissue damage is closely related to the energy absorption. The more severe the fracture caused by high-energy high-speed injury.
- (Two) induction period
- The main manifestations are hematoma formation, necrosis of bone cells, broken periosteum and surrounding cells at the fracture end. After the fracture, the bone's vegetative artery and its branches and surrounding muscles were torn. There are different degrees of bleeding, the severity of which is related to the type of fracture, bone volume, anatomical location and displacement size. Bleeding can be extravasated to the surrounding to form a hematoma, the amount of bleeding is often underestimated, and severe cases such as long bones and pelvis can cause low volume traumatic
- 1. Systemic factors: age, health status;
- 2. Local factors: (1) the type and number of fractures (2) the blood supply at the fracture site (3) the soft tissue
- 1. No local tenderness, no vertical throbbing pain;
- 2. No local abnormal activity;
- 3. The X-ray photograph shows that the fracture line is blurred and there is a continuous epiphysis passing through the fracture line;
- 1. Avoid smoking. Smoking seriously affects fractures and wound healing. As for drinking, it's okay to drink a little. An old lady who had been drinking alcohol for several decades had a broken hip, and her appetite was not good because she was not allowed to drink alcohol. She was later allowed to drink rice wine at each meal.
- 2. What to eat. In addition to spicy wine and tobacco, eat whatever you want. Due to fracture patients and bedridden, the appetite is not good, but it can not be eaten, and that one who eats badly will become passive malnutrition. Traditional Chinese medicine says, "If you get stomach qi, you will have health."
- 3. Do I need to drink bone soup or calcium? In fact, in patients with fractures, calcium ions will be released at the fracture ends, and serum calcium will increase, which will increase the burden on the kidneys, so theoretically, calcium supplementation is not needed. As for pathological fractures or late fractures, calcium can be added appropriately. As for bone soup, it only adds fat, not calcium.
- 4. Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment: Zhenggu Huoxue Paste is a good method of traditional Chinese medicine, which can effectively promote the healing of fracture sites and the growth of epiphyses, and can also play a role in reducing swelling and pain, but this patch is suitable for wound healing (ie no trauma).